In the News
"Vaughan Williams' stunning Dona Nobis Pacem (1936) opened with angelic soprano Erin Alcorn's 'Agnus Dei'... In the final 'Angel of Death,' the horrifying orchestral followup... gave way to Alcorn's ray of light..."
- Susan L. Pena, The Reading Eagle, Pennsylvania (2018)
"Ms. Alcorn used her voice brilliantly and performed with ardent expression. It was a persuasive performance...
her instrument is clearly made for Strauss..."
- Meche Kroop, Voce di Meche (2017)
"This year’s crop of students was outstanding: Sopranos Erin Alcorn, Dorothy Gal, Caitleen Kahn, Brittany Nickell, Alexandre Smither and Anne Wright; mezzo-sopranos Noragh Devlin and Marjorie Maltais; countertenor Wee Kiat Chia; tenors Ricardo Garcia and Patrick Shelton; bass-baritone Ted Pickell; and pianists Zalman Kelber, Nathan Raskin, Madeline Slettedahl and Katelan Terrell."
- Fred Plotkin, WQXR, Review of The Song Continues at Carnegie Hall (2017)
"... a lyric soprano with a beautiful limpid quality... she was able to call on her musical comedy experience because of the composer’s incorporation of many different musical styles."
- Gregory Sullivan Isaacs, Theater Jones (2014)
"Soprano Erin Alcorn sang expressively..."
- Scott Cantrell, Dallas Morning News (2014)